Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimension text to read from right OR left

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please throw us a freakin' bone here GS!
I'm just rearranging layouts on 15.000 m2 project and because of the inability to read the dimension text from left I now have to pick every freakin' dim text manualy, rotate it for a 0,1 degree, mirror/rotate it and put them in the right position!!!
Think about a happy place...
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
1 Select all the dimension STRINGS of which you want to edit the text position
2.Add to the selection set one text
3.Open the DIM TEXT's settings box and reset the angle as desired,
4. click ok
In the floor plan window all the texts for the selected dimension strings will have changed to the new angle.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
because of the inability to read the dimension text from left
and why do you need this? It is an ISO (international standard) to have all text straight or right oriented and this was the intention of GS.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika: I know this but then you still have to grab each dim text because it rotates them around left bottom point and they are offset and on the dim line...
Rob: These layouts are left oriented. The decision came because it suits us much better in this case.

There are times where this function would be really helpfull. I mean Autocad has this since version 1... I'm an Archicad user since v 5.5 and I don't use other cad programs so this wasn't an ode to Autocad...
Erika Epstein
Booster
Dobius, get a grip.
-Select all the dimensions and set the dimension text so it is UNDER the string, not over.
-add a dimension text to the selection and set the angle to -89.99.

Keep in mind that when you switch programs, sometimes you have to change some standards. Sometimes the new program can't do what you were used to. Other times it allows you to do something you always wanted to but the last program wouldn't let you.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the info Erika.. Before I didn't move the text under the string and now it kind of works... but the gap between the text and the line is too big. But it does help.
I never used cad programs other then arhicad. I'm just asking for a simple checkbox in the dimension settings.. nothing more. Despite all the disabilities AC is still my favourite programe 😉
Erika Epstein
Booster
Glad you got it working.
Don't forget to save it as a favorite!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System