Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

layout view issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not really a problem.. just an annoying issue that might have a work around I don’t know of.

In your project map you freeze and thaw all your relevant layers to set a view and save it to the view map.

Now u take that view and drop it in your layout book… happy days until u realized u forgot a particular layer or you want to add another layer and see it in that view.. its ther another way to do it other then delete the view and start over.??

Like maybe “activate” that view in your layout or even view map and add the additional layer(s) into its view settings??

Hope that makes sense? Lol
Cheers
Gene
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
GeNOS wrote:
Not really a problem.. just an annoying issue that might have a work around I don’t know of.

In your project map you freeze and thaw all your relevant layers to set a view and save it to the view map.

Now u take that view and drop it in your layout book… happy days until u realized u forgot a particular layer or you want to add another layer and see it in that view.. its ther another way to do it other then delete the view and start over.??

Like maybe “activate” that view in your layout or even view map and add the additional layer(s) into its view settings??

Hope that makes sense? Lol
Cheers
Gene
You just need to amend the veiw in the view map.
The layout knows it is using that view so it will update automatically.

No need to delete the view.
Just open it and make the changes you want and then in the view settings press the "Get current window's settings" button.

Even better still is to use a layer combination rather than just turning layers on and off and letting the view use "Custom" layers.
If you use a layer combination then all you have to do is update that combination and the job is done.
All views using that layer combination are updated and hence all the layouts also.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
sweet that worked perfect.
yeah i do use combinations.. but some times i wanna show a couple extra things or new layers that arnt in my normal sets..

thanks
Gene