Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ELEMENT ID MANAGER

rengarch
Participant
I am working on version 12 and the Element ID Manager is misbehaving. For example, I have selected all the interior doors to have the ID manager number them automatically. Some of the same libarary doors aren't editable and the Element ID does not change. I also tried the windows. I have been using the NCS 12 Doors and Windows marker.
See attached screenshot. 4 doors are selected and only 3 are configurable. When I click OK, none of the door labels change. Any thoughts?

thanks.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rita,
Apparently we are the only architects who like to number their windows and doors sequentially in a logical manner. I have complained to Tech Support and have a case number and I have waited. 3 maybe 4 updates and no fixes. Actually, it will work if you just select all doors or windows at once, but you will have to live with a random order.

I have numbered my windows and doors with the ELEMENT ID MANAGER since, I don't know, AC7, and now ACv12 can no longer perform the function? Apparently know one seems to care. Your the 1st I have seen who has noticed that it doesn't work the way it was originally designed.
There must of been a lot of rewriting of code between v11 and v12.

Hope your doing Ok Rita,

Regards,

Doug G.
Chazz
Enthusiast
The problem is the selection of the elements. If you don't select, it seems to work......

It does seem that the behavior/functionality has degraded. Our solution, which is not much of a solution at all, is to isolate elements via layer and turn off all but the stuff we need to manage. This is easy with objects, etc, very difficult for doors and windows.

For doors and windows I just change the ID manually. This is pretty unacceptable.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
How about this work around, save as AC11 and then ID manage. Kind of stupid unless you have a lot windows and doors, but kind of shows the stupidity of the problem.