Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you create a window that has splayed openings on both sides?
I am trying to put together an old gothic type building, i can manage to splay a window on one side only but to splay the opposite side i am finding myself using fills to fudge it (cheat)

Does anyone else use double splayed windows? hoe do you go about creating them?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try "Reveal SEO" part, in the library below.

Place one on both sides of the wall and adjust your settings.
With this object, Solid Element Operations shows in floor plan.
Dimensions by 2D/3D graphical hotspots.

Follow Instructions in UI info page, how to insert the window itself,
because this object only creates an empty opening.
Erich
Contributor
Oliver,

With a casual search, I do not see this part in the US library. Is this a standard INT part or one you created?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Thomas Holm
Booster
It's in Olivier's own excellent GDL library, that he has so generously shared with us all. Click the link in his signature!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Erich
Contributor
Ahh, thanks Thomas. That part was not part of the library when I downloaded it. I think I recall some conversation about this awhile ago, but never followed up.

Now I have something new to play with.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
fantastic tool i just can not grasp how to get the window in there though? i read the help page re: the tiny wall, but still not sure? the only way i have so far is to perform the SEO then place a wall in the middle of it and place an oversized window in this, this really does not look good on plan? any clues? thanks for all your help guys
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry guys forgot to add. On the image below you have a stepped reveal? i can not achive this please can you give me a clue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
gizmo200 wrote:
fantastic tool i just can not grasp how to get the window in there though? i read the help page re: the tiny wall, but still not sure? the only way i have so far is to perform the SEO then place a wall in the middle of it and place an oversized window in this, this really does not look good on plan? any clues? thanks for all your help guys
To insert a window into the empty opening.

1. Place a window into a tiny wall at the correct height.
2. Tiny Wall as Target > Object as Operator > Attribute of Operators > Intersection.
3. Result

The window on the picture is not gothic arched, it is just for example.