Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Help with shipping container working drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Im currently working on an affordable housing scheme, using shipping containers as the main structure.....which is all fine until i now have to draw them up as working drawings

Has anyone out there done this before, and could lead me in the right direction. I would love to see an example plan and section of how the construction actually works. Details would be fantastic too. Ive scoured the net to find some, but as of yet have had no luck.

im not sure whether to just make up my own style on this, or whether there is already a method of drawing them up.

One things for sure, i have a lot of work ahead of me. I have to make these look great as my mark is being held back due to my lecturer and tutor having conflicting opinions on my project. My tutor thinks its a distinction, whereas my lecturer isn't convinced my idea would work and is just passing me. If my working drawings can show it working properly i will get my tutors mark...otherwise im stuck with just a pass. Very annoying
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
These guys used SEABOX shop drawings to model a container.

Maybe they have a name for you.

fx models
Dwight Atkinson
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
On issue No4 2009 of Detail magazine is a presentation of the Children's Activity Center in Melbourne along with structural details. I think it is exactly what you need.
It is from Phooey Architects

check it here:

http://www.thecoolhunter.net/architecture/Phooey-Architects---Childrens-Activity-Center-Melbourne-/

petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Petros wrote:
On issue No4 2009 of Detail magazine is a presentation of the Children's Activity Center in Melbourne along with structural details. I think it is exactly what you need.
It is from Phooey Architects

check it here:

http://www.thecoolhunter.net/architecture/Phooey-Architects---Childrens-Activity-Center-Melbourne-/

petros
cool, thanks Petros. I will try contact these guys. Is that the current issue of Detail magazine? Ive never seen it here in Australia. Does it have examples of the drawings, and details also? As this is what im desperate to see.

Maybe if you have this edition you could scan a few of the images for me?
Thomas Holm
Booster
In the Treehugger article about the Phooey project, there are a number of links on shipping containers, worth browsing.

You can buy the Detail magazine here. English edition of a German magazine. This magazine is exquisite - built with German attention to detail.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
owen
Newcomer
That issue is the previous issue for Detail here, but we have a German subscription ... from memory the English language versions always took a little bit longer to make it to Australia, maybe a month or so?

You can also buy individual articles from Detail magazine in PDF form - cost is around 4 Euro i think. I've not done this myself yet so can't say if the PDF drawings are vector or rasterized
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5