Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing Labels

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a standard set of drawing labels that we use for detail labels on a sheet. They are custom labels that are not found in Archicad 11. Usually, when I plop a drawing on a sheet, I highlight the drawing, right click and bring up the drawing selection settings, and under the title button, I choose my drawing title. This is the same process for all of the drawings on the sheet.
The problem: some of the drawing titles are compressed horizontally so the circle is flattened or stretched, depending on what project they are in. Others on the same sheet do not get compressed, so they look normal. I think it has to do with the length of the title name. Longer names seem to create this condition.
I have fixed this by highlighting the drawing, going to File>Libraries and Objects>Open Object, then adjusting the vertical height of the drawing title, save it, go back to the drawing selection settings, choose a different title, go back to drawing selection settings and choose my title again, then it is fixed. I can fix one of the titles on the page and copy that fix with others that are also compressed and as long as I do not switch titles on the drawings that are OK, things look fine, except that my fixed titles are a different diameter circle than the others.
1. What am I doing wrong that creates this compression condition?
2. The title looks OK and is round in the Open Object> 2D view, so why is it flattened in the drawing on the sheet?

Thanks for your time.
1 REPLY 1
owen
Newcomer
[Edit]: I have actually experienced this problem a while back and it was not caused by what i outline below - escapes me now, i will have to get back to you. The following could still be the cause though so ...

It sounds like these drawing titles were created by simply saving 2D elements from the floor plan as a Drawing Title object? Whilst this is a quick way of creating titles, the script created by AC should contain some MUL statements which will allow the object to be stretched and scaled accordingly - it is these that are also probably causing your problems. It sounds like when changing drawing titles the new title is being stretched (via these MUL statements) to fit the dimensions (and proportions) of the previous title, squashing your circle.

The easiest fix could be to open the Title objects and delete the MUL statements from the start of the 2D Scripts ... this will however render the objects static in size (i assume the text part is autotext, so this is not an issue)

hope this helps

cheers,

os
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5