Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule w/ Text Wrap - Possible bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a check box for text wrap on the interactive schedule, and I used it. The result was fine in the interactive schedule itself, but when I opened the layout, the text wrapped but the lines stayed in place - making text wrap useless.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
13 REPLIES 13
Karl Ottenstein
What version/build of AC, and what platform (Mac or Windows), etc..?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are on Mac, with AC12.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having the same issue with schedules in AC12. When you place the schedule from the map to the book, some of the values are wrapping and others are not, even though it look fines in the original schedule. I checked and the settings for the values are al the same and have text wrap checked.

Another oddity: when I view the schedule, the headlines are a singles line and the values are as many as the text wrap requires. When I place the schedule on a drawing the headline has as many lines as the text in the value. I.E. if there are two or three lines of text in the value field then the headline has two or three lines even though there is only one word.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I've too have experienced this. What is even more curious to me is the inconsistency. In the screen shot the IS on the left; placed schedule on the right. The same door width value of 2'-10" wraps, but the line height does not always double as it should.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erica,
Exactly! Random, as my son says. I have different conditions within the same schedule, some wrapping works but with others the 'value' wraps over the values above and below it. But only once it is placed in a drawing. They look fine before they are mounted.
Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
... but the line height does not always double as it should.
But, you'll notice the line height does double for the entry just above the 2nd, 3rd and 4th occurence of 2'-10" - lines that should not have had their line height doubled.

That might help GS find the bug, since obviously they are doing a pre-scan of all entries in a line to build a list of which lines need their height increased (and by how much) ... and they got the indexes off.

You guys reported this, right? (Is it fixed in 13, Erika?)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl wrote:
(Is it fixed in 13, Erika?)

Cheers,
Karl
I don't have a copy of the final release to know.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did anyone ever figure out a work around for this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
I've too have experienced this. What is even more curious to me is the inconsistency. In the screen shot the IS on the left; placed schedule on the right. The same door width value of 2'-10" wraps, but the line height does not always double as it should.

Erika, could tell me please, how you define the field "SIZE" in this schedule?
You wrote in 3 cells, and merged like in Excel? It is very interesting.
Thanks.