Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Default fonts in NCS Drawing File

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm running Archicad on Mac, though others in my office are running on Windows - I think this accounts for some of my issues with Text labels showing up improperly. It would appear that default fonts set for our files are not on my Mac. For instance, the titles in the sheet files default to 'Arno Bold Pro Italic' on my Mac where they are set to another font (that I don't have) in Windows. I see that this font is set in the NCS Template - we are using NCS Drawing Title 10.

Is there a way for me to get into the NCS file so that I can see what the default fonts are and therefore attempt to install them on my machine?

screen-capture-1.png
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
The font in NCS titles are not controlled by the NCS, but by what the AC user specifies. Just ask your colleagues on pc what font they are using.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good deal, thanks.

On a side note - is there a way to reassign all fonts within a project file to one particular font? The font in that file is something that approximates Arial, yet isn't, and I'd like to just reassign all the labels in that file to Arial.
Karl Ottenstein
kgrossman wrote:
On a side note - is there a way to reassign all fonts within a project file to one particular font? The font in that file is something that approximates Arial, yet isn't, and I'd like to just reassign all the labels in that file to Arial.
Unfortunately, no. Turn all layers on, then go through each viewpoint (each story, each section, elev, detail, etc) and select / change.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB