Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ArchiCad - placing custom pictures

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to add custom pictures into objects such as picture frams, carpets and plasma tvs?

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mark,

Add the image to a loaded folder (or create a new folder for images), go into the library manager in AC and 'add' that new folder, then reload the libraries.

In the object, type in the name of the image without the extension.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i need to place a fairly large picture into a restraunt, approx 10-15mb. I tried your suggestion and reloaded the library. So now i've got a blank canvas and it dosent show up in the render either. Any suggestions!! I've tried an indexed colour version and .pcx,.jpg,.tif, .png in rgb as well and nothing. I made the size of the picture same as original.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Skappy wrote:
Hi, i need to place a fairly large picture into a restraunt, approx 10-15mb. I tried your suggestion and reloaded the library. So now i've got a blank canvas and it dosent show up in the render either. Any suggestions!! I've tried an indexed colour version and .pcx,.jpg,.tif, .png in rgb as well and nothing. I made the size of the picture same as original.
10-15 Mb is much too large for an image in ArchiCAD. I'd recommend no more than about 1-2Mb max, and much less if possible. Reduce the number of pixels in the image and increase the jpg compression to reduce the size.

You don't say what process you are using to place the image? Are you trying to add the image to a 'picture' object, or just apply it to a wall?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im using the same method, placing a custom picture into a frame. Thank you for that, i did reduce the image. Also i discovered after trial and error that you need to turn the frame on otherwise it wont render. But then you need to make the frame material glass otherwise you wont see your image. This is the reason it was showing a blank canvas. All working fine now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Skappy wrote:
...Also i discovered after trial and error that you need to turn the frame on otherwise it wont render. But then you need to make the frame material glass otherwise you wont see your image. This is the reason it was showing a blank canvas. All working fine now.
I'm not sure what is happening there. Mine renders fine without the frame!

Post a screenshot of the settings so we can see if there is something obviously wrong. Keep fiddling with the settings if it is important - it does work!

Glad you got it working though!
Anonymous
Not applicable
IG YOUR GDL KNOWLEGE IS WEAK YOU CAN :
YOU CAN CREATE NEW MATERIALS WITH YOUR IMAGE AS TEXURE AND ( DIRECTLY IN 3D )MANUAL POSITIONING THE TEXTURE ( DIRECTLY IN 3D WINDOW WITH SET ORIGIN AND SET DIRECTION COMAND) . USE THIS MATERIAL ON YOUR OBJECT.