Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Tooltips improvements

Anonymous
Not applicable
What should be a simple enough wish, can tooltips be designed so they are more relevant to what is there and better acting?

For example with the Marquee tool, if I hover over it it brings up the 2 options, as a new user though I am left guessing which one is correct as it doesn't actually state which one is active.

And where the settings area has multiple options e.g. walls, the tooltip shows up the multiple options as well. Not so bad but it can be difficult to understand what is being looked at, especially in the case of wall construction method where the tooltip says "Left, centre, right" which is the opposite of what is displayed!

I also find at times the tooltip doesn't come up at all and I can't get it back, a pain when as a new user I'm trying to work out what a lot of buttons do, I'm trying to read a long string of text and understand what it pertains to and the tooltip disappears.
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
Don't make polls until you better understand the program.

There are free online tutorials and with archicad open you can also go to the Help menu and AC training guide.Why don't you get some basic training?

Ask questions rather than make polls.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Don't make polls until you better understand the program.

There are free online tutorials and with archicad open you can also go to the Help menu and AC training guide.Why don't you get some basic training?

Ask questions rather than make polls.
There is no Help on the tooltips, and I am actually using the training guide!

Perhaps instead of hyperreacting like an Apple user having their favourite brand criticised you should lay off?
Anonymous
Not applicable
ChuckLondon wrote:
Perhaps instead of hyperreacting like an Apple user having their favourite brand criticised you should lay off?
Fighting words....
Eduardo Rolon
Specially when Erika list Win XP before her home Mac.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Chuck has a valid point. (About the tooltips, not the fighting talk - way out of line). Why do they not display the options as you hover over them individually? Why not say "Straight" when hovering over the straight option, "Slanted" when over the slanted option, Tapered" when over the tapered option and "Complex Profile" when over the C P option? In the Info box you don't even get the options listed (image).
Picture 2.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that is a very valid point. I would like to see more of it, they do seem to pop up every once in a while, but you have to do a lot of research on some tools because they don't pop up. It would save lots of time and help beginners learn faster.