Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

arched (church style with a pointed arch) Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there:

I am a student doing my final year interior project. I've selected a heritage building for my proposed design, however i'm having trouble building the windows in archicad 12

I couldn't find any GDL objects (windows tool) that has a point arch shape window), could any one please tell me how i would be able to modify the existing windows (from the object lib) into one of those pointed arched windows please??

Thanks in advance for any help from you guys

Chenny

1.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
by the way, i'm new to this forum thus i dont check it at a regular base, I would appreciate it if you could reply me by email if possible:

thanks guys

Chenny
Chazz
Enthusiast
Chenny, The forum should send you email when there has been an update to a thread you have started or posted to. I do not recommend revealing your email address directly in the forums as it could be bot-harvested.

One answer to your problem would be to use a tool like Door and Window Builder which can handle the gothic window you want easily.

Or, for free, how about using an opening instead of a window? I think there is a gothic opening included in AC12. Have not tested this option....
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Chenny:

You should be able to create this window yourself, for more information with images, go to Help > ArchiCAD Help, when your browser opens click on the "Search" tab, and input "Graphic Creation of Custom Objects" in the search box, in the results list "Graphic Creation of Custom Objects" will lead to detailed information. You can also search this forum for examples.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David and Chazz

Thank you for all your suggestions and advises, will try it out right away

Cheers

Chenny
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check out the intrctive training guide on Buiding Objects Creation

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/training_guides/

Its not hard to follow: even I can do it.

Pretty soon you'll be making things for the fun of it.
1420-Window 5.jpg