Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Favorites and IDs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to store the ID of an element in a favorite and have it auto increment? I am trying to achieve this for a template, but am having a great deal of difficulty. In the section tool, I can change settings and save a favorite. When I chose the favorite all the settings change except the ID that is stored with the favorite. Is there a way to get the ID to change (beside manually changing it)?
Also for the section, elevation, worksheet, and details, the name does not change to the one entered in the favorite.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Michael,

At the top right corner of the Favorites palette, there is a right-pointing triangle. Mouse down on that to get a menu that lets you open the Favorites Preferences. There, you can alter what parameters are transfered to the tool settings.

If you look at the attached screenshot, you can see that if Parameter Exclusion is grouped by Parameter, you can see which favorites allow for an ID to be included as part of the favorite. Section/Elev markers are not one of them.

If you reset an ID via a Fav, then the preference setting for auto-increment will take over if you place more than one element before choosing the fav again.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help.