Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to get rid of Missing Property Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
After I migrated from AC12 to AC13, everytime I start AC the Library Loading Report pops up and tells me that I am missing 1 Library part which is under Property Objects. This is labelled as CSlab04 12.

I have performed series of CTRL-F to locate the slabs where this is missing, but no joy. AC13 has obviously replaced all other properties, except this.

Short of going thru 158 slab objects in my project, is there an easy way to locate this and replace it with CSlab04 13?

Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try to use the Document\Schedules and Lists\Find by Properties\Elements menu command to find those elements with this property.
If you go to the Menus page of the Work Environment Dialog, and list all command by theme, under the "16 Calculate" theme, you will find the command "Link Properties to Criteria" command. This brings up a Dialog where you can see pre-defined criteria based on which AC links property objects to elements. Maybe here under AC_13_INT (or USA or whatever) you will find the defined criteria and the linked properties. Check to see if you can remove the association there.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, laszlonagy. I tried both of your suggestions.

However, using the first one, I could not locate the property and when using the second one, all items in the list are greyed out.

Any idea what I need to set, to be able to make them active.

I did try applying different schemes but that did not help.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
solitaire:

I don't know if this will work in your instance, but the Find & Select function has a Property Name criteria.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Rick Thompson
Expert
I had that same problem for years, until I figured out how to solve it, but it is a work around. I have a pln from 1995 that once had one of my first tries with Property Objects. I abandoned that particular object, but that pln keeps pulling it up as "Missing". Unfortunately for me I have 10 - 15 other plns that originated from that first pln, so I was getting the "missing" more than I wanted. I could not find any wall that called for that script. I selected all walls, all layers visible, reassigned PO's etc. The find doesn't work. I have never been able to get it to locate based on a PO, even if that "wall" (or whatever) is right in front of me (I might be missing something here as it should work?). So, create a dummy script with the name your trying to eliminate. That's the only way I could find to eliminate the "missing" in action property object pulling up when those plns are opened.

It seems once that script is called for it really wants it bad. So, you can't always eliminate them. So create one and don't assign it to anything. I think I have eliminated them before, but that was years ago.

BTW - Laszlo - that PO did not show up in the Link to Criteria. When I first started fussing with these (1997 or so) it seemed to get corrupt easy. I think it came from something back then that is not visible.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rick Thompson
Expert
solitaire wrote:
Thanks for the reply, laszlonagy. I tried both of your suggestions.

However, using the first one, I could not locate the property and when using the second one, all items in the list are greyed out.

Any idea what I need to set, to be able to make them active.
If they are grayed out something is missing, probably the property script. If something is calling for a script, and it is not loaded, then it is grayed out. At least that is my memory of how it works. Are you sure you scripts are in your active library?

AC13 started embedding PO's when you save them.. at least as a default. You have to use the drop down menu to locate your designated PO folder to load for all plns. I pain for me.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Barry Kelly
Find and Select can only find elements where the properties have been linked individually.
If that is the case then you un-check the box in the elements settings
and it won't be linked to that property object any more.

If an element is linked by criteria then you can just un-check that box too.
This will remove the links to all property objects as you can have more than one with this method.

If you do either of the above remeber to also change the default settings for your element's tool and not just the selected elements.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
But if you want to just remove one property object from the by criteria list then open the "Link Properties To Criteria" that Laszlo showed and select the element with the property you want to get rid of and press the "Delete" button.
This will affect all elements.
Barry.
Properties_2.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your time and efforts. I finally solved the issue, though I very much doubt that it would classify as a fix; more akin to "sweeping the dirt under tha carpet" as opposed to "throwing it out"

What I did was I copied the CSlab04 12.gsm file from the Archicad 12 location to the corresponding location for AC13. (C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 13\ArchiCAD Library 13\List Templates 13\Property Data 13\Properties Composite 13). This has fixed the popping up of the Duplicate/Missing items report.

My logic was since there is no object in my project that has the offending property object (I used all methods suggested by you guys here) so none of my objects would be affected by copying this script. It appears to be working, though for the life of me, I have yet to identify which object is calling this property.

Thanks again.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have had similar problems before.
It was not with Property Object but with a component of a Curtain Wall System. No matter what I did I could not get rid of the error message. It said that one of my Curtain Walls is using a Sun Shade whereas none of them did. I checked it countless times, all, elements, even Favorites, everything imaginable.

So I concluded that somehow a reference was stuck into the ArchiCAD file that a certain library part is needed but it is not needed in actuality.

This may be a similar case.
That file was also a file migrated from AC12 into AC13.
So I guess this may be something that can happen during the migration of the project file.

I will report this to GS. I think they will be interested in finding out the causes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27