Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

on log walls, how to select only some of logs to alter them

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm new to archicad, maybe is a silly question, as far as I know in Sema you can select for example from a wall with 20 logs, the last 2 to make them bigger, to create the front of a log cabin, I'll attach a picture to show you what I'm looking for.

At this moment I'm doing it by placing a roof beam instead of a wall or making a second wall on same location but at a higher level...

PS: as you look to my attachment, the side walls from left and right are my problem, the last 2-3 elements from the wall needs to be instead of 5 m, 5.5 m with 20 cm on the back and 30 on the front.

any idea?
thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
Investigate the Complex Profile used with the wall tool. It allows you extrude any section into a wall.

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Creative%20Uses%20of%20Complex%20Profiles

All words Greek.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Junior,

If you happen to be using Log Home Solution I think you are out of luck. The log walls are created as a single unit from top to bottom and individual rows are not adjustable. I place seperate walls, as you indicated, at the height needed then stretch them as required.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
(Once will do. You can delete the other identical thread before someone replies to it. And are you in St Helens, UK or somewhere else? Log homes - whatever next?)
Dwight
Newcomer
Now that i see the image, "Bigger" means "longer." So disregard my reply.
Dwight Atkinson
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would use two Walls on top of each other to model the parts of the Wall of different length.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thomas Holm
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
I would use two Walls on top of each other to model the parts of the Wall of different length.
You can also use empty openings at the wall ends to make some logs appear shorter. (This will also show in plan unlike SEOs).

I think it's easier to use either the log home solution, log appearance wall setting, or custom profiled walls but still keep each wall as one item rather than a multitude of elements to manage.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Investigate the Complex Profile used with the wall tool. It allows you extrude any section into a wall.

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Creative%20Uses%20of%20Complex%20Profiles

All words Greek.
thanks, that's great.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
(Once will do. You can delete the other identical thread before someone replies to it. And are you in St Helens, UK or somewhere else? Log homes - whatever next?)
Hi,
Yes i'm in St. Helens, nice red t-shirt you've got , log homes, that's all.