Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Stairmaker bug ? (AC12 / Macintosh / French / Build 2523)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found 2 problems with Stairmaker (new problems that didn't existed in AC11) :

1 - When you want to edit a stair that exists at least 2x : you cannot edit all of them at once, Stairmaker forces you to make a copy of it, event though you choose "edit all"...
2 - you cannot use "find and select" window through "name" selection (like objects). "name" criterium is grey / inactive

Guess its a bug ?
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rvlna wrote:

1 - When you want to edit a stair that exists at least 2x : you cannot edit all of them at once, Stairmaker forces you to make a copy of it, event though you choose "edit all"...
2 - you cannot use "find and select" window through "name" selection (like objects). "name" criterium is grey / inactive

Guess its a bug?
I think the first one happens because one of the stairs that you are trying to modify is locked: either the stair object is locked, or the layer containing it is locked at the moment you are trying to do this.

About the second one: that is a strange phenomenon and could be a bug.
I first placed a Stair which was a Stair form the ArchiCAD Library. I could use the "Name" criterion in the Find & Select Dialog.
Then I place a StairMaker stair I created, did and Alt-click to pick up it attributes and suddenly almost all fields of the F&S Dialog are grayed when Stair is the element type. An I cannot get them back enabled even if I delete all StairMaker stairs.
So that is definitely something strange with the program.
I will let GS know about this second issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is one more info : The stairs have been made previously using AC11. So they don't have all parameters available at first...

Neither the stairs nor the layers are locked...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rvlna wrote:
There is one more info : The stairs have been made previously using AC11. So they don't have all parameters available at first...

Neither the stairs nor the layers are locked...
In that case, and unless someone else has another idea of how to remedy this, you may want to try to recreate the stairs in AC12 and/or report this to your local dealer.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thomas Holm
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
rvlna wrote:

There is absolutely something fishy here. I ran into it some weeks ago, when I had to make a copy despite that I wanted to edit the only instance existing. I didn't have time to report it then. Not used SM since then. It was a newly created AC12 stair.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!