Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Auto current layers

Arcadia
Booster
I don't think it is possible to do but I wish that I was able to assign a 'current or active' layer to a layer combination or view. Ie when I click on my electrical plan view which opens up my electrical plan I would like it to automaitcally set as "one active layer for all" with the electrical layer being the current one. Any thought or anyone know of some way to do this?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you go to Documents> Layers> Layer Extras you can set one active layer that all new elements will be placed on, but it is not set by the view settings. Only one click off what you want.
Arcadia
Booster
Yes i use this function but it is usually more than 1 click as I often start drawing something then realise I am on the wrong layer Layer control functions is something that AC needs to fine tune IMO. It would be easy to add a 'default current layer' when setting up a layer group surely?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Barry Kelly
The only other way would be to set up favourites for all the tools that you want to use.
For example you would set line tool favourites for electrical plan line, site plan line, floor plan line etc.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11