Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Label items in archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to label items.. when the mouse hovers over an item we would like a note to pop up and describe what it is.. archicad 13

thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
This should be on by default. Check your Work Environment. The setting is in there. I forget where exactly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
A label does pop up... but is there a way to modify the label.. add what i want.. for example i have an item that i had to draw that isnt in the library.. i want a label to pop up describing what it is... a label does pop up but doesnt say what i need it to

thanks
Stress Co_
Advisor
Do you have "show short info only" checked?
What info do you want it to display?
I don't think you can customize the label.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
if u dont think u can modify a label.. can u add a label?
Anonymous
Not applicable
cadmaster wrote:
if u dont think u can modify a label.. can u add a label?
Let's call it a tag to avoid confusion with the label tool, and no it is not customizable. You can of course add an actual lablel, but that is another matter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry for the confusion.. i was saying label when it is a tag.. but than someone replied u can add a label...

please.. someone.. tell me how to add a label.. i did a search in archicad 13 help menu.. but as usual it provided nothing

thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a label tool which can be used in any 2D view.

The basic form is a simple text label which allows you to type in whatever you want, there is also and option for one that displays the object ID. Beyond that you can use (or write) GDL scripted labels that can do all sorts of things including displaying parameter values etc.

I believe a user who goes by the name of Master Script here on the forum has recently posted a part called "Label Everything" here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok.. so the final answer is no.. unless we get into high end scripting or creating ur own gdl objects and pre-input the data so it can be automatically extracted and input into the "TAG" that pops up when u hover over the object in 3-d.. and of course that tag is not customizable/editable or have an option to add text to it... the one we downloaded from master script (http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com//files/use_label_everything_108.pdf) from what i can tell didnt have that option either.

i would think that is a basic option for a BIM program.. adding a text box would be considered old school base autocad stuff.. than a text box gets difficult when u go from 2-d to 3-d, or visa-versa
Anonymous
Not applicable
This "basic option" is not available in any BIM program that I know of. In Navis they are called "Smart Tags" and the only option is turning them off and on. In Revit I don't think there is even that option.

I also doubt that there is any way to do this outside of GSHQ. I suspect it is part of the core code and not accessible to API programmers.