Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Exclude Angle of Library Part from Syringe Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found the syringe tool (command/ctrl + option/alt + click) to be severely limited for use with library parts because it applies up the placement angle of the part. I have never needed this (setting parts to the same angle is easily accomplished with Find & Select and the settings dialog/Info Box) and it often prevents me from using the syringe tool on library parts.
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
I'm totally with you on this one!!
Dwight Atkinson
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yup, you have my support on this one too. I'd like to add the companion wish the Find & Select have a rotation angle selection criteria.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Yup, you have my support on this one too. I'd like to add the companion wish the Find & Select have a rotation angle selection criteria.
Yes indeed! I've often wanted to search by angle.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Matthew wrote:
Erika wrote:
Yes indeed! I've often wanted to search by angle.
Ditto!!
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Mark Wallace
Enthusiast
Thanks for bringing this 'limitation' up. The porting of unwanted angular attributes in objects via the syringe method is one of several but minor annoying issues on my wishlist.

And you've pointed out a work-around! I voted essential.

Makes me think the design for the software was not 'detailed' sufficiently and was never revisited for improvement.

This slight change in the method of revising our designs is certainly one improvement that can greatly improve ArchiCAD's ease of use.

Mark

Mark R. Wallace AIA
---------------------------------------
Mac G5 Dual 2.3 Ghz, 1.5 Gb, Mac OSX.4.11, ArchiCAD 12 2782 USA Full + 11, 10, 9 & 7
Mark R. Wallace AIA
---------------------------------------

MacBook 2.53 Ghz, Intel Core i5, 8 Gb,
Mac OSX (Sierra 10.12.6,
ArchiCAD 22 USA Full, +21, & 20.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to see this apply also in the case of text. Too often I pipette some angled text and finish up with my new text angled inappropriately.