Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Print option in layer manager

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that print option in layer manager is one from essential wishes. What are you think about?
Of course this problem will be solved by layer configuration option but sometime we are omit to change this before printing.
9 REPLIES 9
Djordje
Ace
Pawel wrote:
I think that print option in layer manager is one from essential wishes. What are you think about?
Of course this problem will be solved by layer configuration option but sometime we are omit to change this before printing.
Print what?

Layer combo or the view that the layer combo is active on?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I suppose that layer is printable or not.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think he means to be able to set layers as non-printing so that they won't print regardless of the view/combo settings. This could be handy, but I don't see it as a high priority since proper use of the views takes care of it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Miki wrote:
I suppose that layer is printable or not.

Exactly, I was think about switch for each layer like have an AutoCAD. This option is very usefully for additional information included on drawing or exchange drawing between Archi & AutoCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought i would resurrect this topic. I am currently working on a project with 15 stages. Using extensions i am able to create layers to handle this but you end up with many layer. It would be really good if we could have some way to assign a layer to a stage or a option. This way we can reduce number of layers enabling elements to be drawn on the same layer but its visibility controlled by a multiple-switch of some type.
Barry Kelly
I might be mis-understanding your problem but isn't this exactly what view points do?
Create one view that shows the layer and another that doesn't.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I might be mis-understanding your problem but isn't this exactly what view points do?
Create one view that shows the layer and another that doesn't.
Barry.
Yes, layer combinations do this and that is how we are doing it at the moment with success but with a fair bit of complexity in the layer combination setup.

For staging.
In my case i have a several walls that appear differently on 15 different stages. Therefore i must create 15 different layers, i did this by having them all called the same except extension changes so stage1, stage2, stage3, ect. Then the same things happens with different types of notes, fixtures, roads, ect, ect. You end up with many many many layers. On a project like a hospital this amount of stages is not uncommon.

For options.
As with the example above. Say you did 15 different options. The same wall might appear in different positions for each option. So you end with the same problem, 15 layers for each wall, then multiplied by whatever layers you have for fixtures, roads, ect.

This can all be managed with layer combinations but there must be a better way which leads me to a secondary control level that might involve some type of multi-switch. One that you can assign a element to a option. I think ArchiCAD came out with “Option Manager” a while back that did something similar but I don’t think it is around any more?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Mark wrote:
This can all be managed with layer combinations but there must be a better way which leads me to a secondary control level that might involve some type of multi-switch. One that you can assign a element to a option. I think ArchiCAD came out with “Option Manager” a while back that did something similar but I don’t think it is around any more?
This is essential, but a different topic -- see this wish.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laura, I put my vote there too. I think both these wishes are related though.