Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library object problem-archicad 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I come to install Archicad 12, but it has the same problem with my old 11 version.

For example,when i try to put a window in my model, using the library, I get a warning:

"fill not found at the line 440 in the 3D scrip of file casement_a.gsm.

I have to multiple clicks "continue" to generate the 3D because an other message error appear for each object who are not recognized...

What sould I do step by step, ( I am french so my english is not perfect)

Thank You!
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The fill type the message refers to is not found in your project.
Does this happen after doing a New & Reset and starting to work from there?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Miss Mijo:

Also see this thread:
Library Parts Not Working Properly

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi laszlonagy,

Yes, I can all paste in a new archicad window, and this operation looks ok, but I would Like understand what is this problem with my work.

Thank You !
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
"fill not found at the line 440 in the 3D scrip of file casement_a.gsm.

Casement_a.gsm is a macro, a gdl script called by another GDL object, in this case a Window.
The 3D Script is that part of the GDL which tells archiCAD what to generate in the 3D Window.
At line 440 of this 3D Script this macro wants to use a certain Fill Type. However the Fill types is not found in the ArchiCAD Project.

In such as case one could open the macro for editing and check what kind of fill it is calling to find out which fill is missing but that can be hard for someone not familiar with GDL.

What causes the fill missing? If you have a project in which there is a Window that uses a Fill with index number 100. You copy and paste this Window into another Project. But in that Project there is no Fill with an index number 100 so it will not find it and send this error message.

I would recommend selecting the Window in question and going to the Window Seettings Dialog and check whether any of the Fill type of parameters says "MISSING". I would then change that Fill to another existing in your project.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27