Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Getting the current time/date/location for shadows

Wokka
Contributor
Hi,
I'm trying to create a small 3D text object that will give the current models time/date/location for use on shadow diagrams. I'm hoping to just have it face the camera so it acts like a stamp to the image.
Basically it's a attempt to emulate the information you get when you create a sun study that you save as a quicktime movie. If you do this, Archicad (or quicktime) places a small stamp on the top left of the image giving the important data. Unfortunately I can't find any other format that produces this information, and naturally we need to create hundreds of images (NOT a movie) showing the exact time and date for council submissions. I know I could extract the individual images from the QT movie, but I can't see any ability to alter the text size,colour position etc, and it is quiet small and difficult to see.
Any help would be greatly appresciated.
Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
1 REPLY 1
Frank Beister
Advisor
Have a look on The Ant..
Unfortunatly it is written in German.

It displays head mounted the frame number on each picture of your movie. The second object you can download from this site is "Big Brother". It works similar, but has a smaller script.

This could be a base object for you to add parameters of start and end of the animation sequence, which is necessary to calculate (date and) the time of each frame.

Both objects need to rebuilt the 3D model for each frame! A night job if you have to render a large model.

The time is AFAIK not requestable directly.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm