Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

PROBLEMS I ENCOUNTERED WITH HOTLINK

Anonymous
Not applicable
I AM CURRENTLY USING ARCHICAD 12 IN OUR OFFICE AND IM WORKING ON A 15-STOREY MIXED-USE BUILDING.WHAT I DID IS I CREATED EACH FLOORS ON SEPARATE FILES THEN WHEN I FINISH STACK THEM ALL ON A SINGLE FILE USING HOTLINK.I THINK THE IDEA IS SIMPLE, BUT I LEARNED THAT THE HOTLINKED FILES DOES NOT APPEAR EXACTLY THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE; SOME WALLS ARE OUT OF PLACE AND OVERLAPPING.IN SHORT THE PLANS I ATTACHED DOES NOT LOOK THE SAME WHEN I OPEN THEIR MOTHER FILES.I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM OR IF EVER I DID SOMETHING WRONG I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS.I HOPE SOMEONE OUT THER COULD HELP ME.THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Normally, the hotlink files and host files will appear almost the same in plan.
I dont know whether you
1-Created each floor completely seperate or it contained some sub-hotlink?
2-Your hotlink file and host file are created on the same template file?
3-Check the view setting in the host file
4-Check layer combination, ON/OFF in both files.

If possible, send me the file, I'll have a look. It should not be any problem...

Good luck
Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
berus26 wrote:
I AM CURRENTLY USING ARCHICAD 12 IN OUR OFFICE AND IM WORKING ON A 15-STOREY MIXED-USE BUILDING.WHAT I DID IS I CREATED EACH FLOORS ON SEPARATE FILES THEN WHEN I FINISH STACK THEM ALL ON A SINGLE FILE USING HOTLINK.I THINK THE IDEA IS SIMPLE, BUT I LEARNED THAT THE HOTLINKED FILES DOES NOT APPEAR EXACTLY THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE; SOME WALLS ARE OUT OF PLACE AND OVERLAPPING.IN SHORT THE PLANS I ATTACHED DOES NOT LOOK THE SAME WHEN I OPEN THEIR MOTHER FILES.I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM OR IF EVER I DID SOMETHING WRONG I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS.I HOPE SOMEONE OUT THER COULD HELP ME.THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
There could be many things I would recommend taking a look at the layer combinations but probably more importantly make sure all of the story heights are correct as well as the cut plane settings.

The cut plane settings should be set for each story based on the floor to floor height to make sure and cut through the appropriate elements.

Also making sure that the layer priorities correct because things could be healing to elements on other layers with the same priority regardless if they are visible or not.