Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

TW2 Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I do send & receive got error with information
Error occurred during the last Teamwork operation! Server returns error code!

Do anybody know what to do? I can't to save the information to project.
9 REPLIES 9
Stig Bengtsson
Participant
We get another error message when attempting send:

Error occured during the last Teamwork operation
Database commit failed

Fortunately only one person was working in the project when it happened and we have saved out a copy of the file to reshare.

Stig
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had the same issue. This is a bit of a long work around, but it worked.

I had that person save their progress to the desktop. Just SAVE normally. I then had them shut down Archicad. Reopen Archicad and select the project as normal. It will allow you to get back to your saved information, but not allow you to log into the BIM server. You will be offline with the BIM server. We then took the changes that were made and copied them to new drawing in a new instance of Archicad. NOTE - Paste into the original location when doing this.

With the information safely transfered, we quit the original drawing. We were prompted to discard the saved information and did.

Now when you open and reconnect to the server you get the most recent server information and a good connection to the server. Cut and paste the changes back into the BIM project and delete the incorrect information.

Then send and receive to update all.

If there is another way, I am all for it.

Brian
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have problem with TW error. I trying follow the instruction but still have the same problem. My somebody found a way haw to solve this problem.

I try to save as solo project and later reload form server. The solo project is not possible reload form server?
The TW file is put the same error information. Interesting that there is writing that error is fix but you can work on project.
On pic. can see the problem list - text.
Anonymous
Not applicable
on the same problem i found information in BIM server control center.
see pic. Is there issue?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This Dialog helps you to not lose your work.
In your Local Folder you have your version. In it you may have changes that you have not sent to the BIM Server yet. You can save this version as a PLN (Solo Project).
Then you can reload the Project from the BIM Server.
Then you can check what is it that you need to redo. You can open the PLN and copy-paste the missing elements into the Project, then send Changes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
kevin b
Contributor
It's great that there are these workarounds but why are there so many issues with TW. We are getting errors (these and similar) constantly (several times a day) and the workarounds are time consuming. Even after the latest Hotfix
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I guess you are reporting those to your reseller, right?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy,
yes, i ask my reseller. got the answer
Virus checkers on the server looking in the "projects"or attachments" (library) folders have been known to cause crashes. Best to disable virus checkers working under the Bim Server install folder.

If it is windows 7 by any chance then the indexer may be causing the problem. Have the user create a tech support package if they occurs even after the above modifications.
Karl Ottenstein
This article was updated a week or two ago to mention the issues with antivirus and the indexing service:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/BimServerConfiguration?highlight=%28index%29%7C%28service%29

Most active TW2 users might want to subscribe to the archicadwiki RSS feed to be informed of new and changed pages as the GS tech support guys post more information. Other active users might be interested in subscribing also.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB