BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

beams not appearing in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,
I had a question concerning a portion of beams which are not displaying in 3d. I was wondering if there is a common solution...maybe a setting marked or unmarked? I completed a tie beam/beam plan and every beam shows up on the floor plan...but half of them do not in 3d. I went through every setting I know and have been unsuccessful...Its not the layers...the beams are assigned to the same layer and it is shown.

Also I set up a whole list of favorites in the beam setting and have been using those applied settings to lay out the plan. Don't know if that is a factor

Is more information needed to solve this problem?

Kaan
Archicad 10
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
1st: did you check the height of your beams? it is possible that you put them somewhere else. in 3d click zoom extend in parallel projection.
2nd: click on one of your beams ( that do not appear in your 3d ), and then click 3d projection. (thats what we do in order to see an object only). does it appear there?
check these
nothing else comes to mind. i hope i could help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check you haven't got 3D Cutaway turned on by accident. It happened to me just yesterday, don't know what I could have done to activate it, except maybe hit CTRL+Y accidentally (was doing a few CTRL+U Multiplies, so now I think of it more I probably hit the button next door.... )
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Beams will also be cut in 3D when they cross other beams, walls and columns. It depends on their beam priority number (set within the beam tool), wall priority number (set within the wall tool) and the 3D Intersection Priorities (set via Options>Project Preferences>Construction Elements).

Is it possible any of these elements are interferring with your beams, even if they are on hidden layers?

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!