BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing library parts in plotmaker?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, here it is:

The facts:

I'm working in AC 9, with a teamwork setup (users are using the plc's which link to the plp). Libraries are loaded from the same folders (AC9 Lib and a custom project Lib)....Iv'e checked all the plc's and even the plp to see that they are loading the proper libraries from the proper locations which remains consistent. My defined views are already set accordingly.

The problem:

In Plotmaker, my views come from the plp. For some reason, my doors and windows do not appear (instead they appear as bare openings) and my custom library parts also do not show up). Take note, this does not happen to all my views, the doors and windows appear as they should on my plans, but in my elevations, they do not appear (they appear as bare openings).

Any input on this ordeal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Junior, this is really in the wrong forum, please post any future topics like this under Specific Question/Problems.

To your problem.

Check

1. You have the latest build of ArchiCAD v9
2. That the views are showing correctly in ArchiCAD by double-clicking on the view. If the windows are not present their then you may have a 3d filter on.
3. Try creating a new section, saving a view, and importing this into plotmaker. If the same thing does NOT happen, then your sections/elevations are probably corrupted. Best way is to delete the view and resave. A hassle i know.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark wrote:
To your problem.

Check

1. You have the latest build of ArchiCAD v9
2. That the views are showing correctly in ArchiCAD by double-clicking on the view. If the windows are not present their then you may have a 3d filter on.
3. Try creating a new section, saving a view, and importing this into plotmaker. If the same thing does NOT happen, then your sections/elevations are probably corrupted. Best way is to delete the view and resave. A hassle i know.
Checked all of the above the day I encountered the problem. Apparently, the real solution by the end of the day was to overwrite/replace the .plp file. Why? many might ask.....well I did transfer the files to another computer the day before I encountered the problem, therefore....the .plp file must of been partially corrupted or perhaps certain data were lost during the transfer. But all is well...So if any users encounter this same problem in the future ...just remember...'overwrite/replace the .plp'

I kinda figured this was the wrong section to post this topic..oh well, good things
Learn and get certified!