Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Startup Switches to open Archicad with a specific template

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you use startup switches with archicad.exe?

I would like to create a desktop shortcut that opens ArchiCAD with a specific profile (toolbars & palettes) and uses a specific template (.tpl)

I may be going about this the wrong way because I'm thinking like an AutoCAD user, but how do I get users to use the correct templates and menus?

Thanks,
1 REPLY 1
Andy Thomson
Advisor
You can create a custom standards installation package (can load from server) complete with WE customization, and xml files that point to the correct library locations (server) backup folders, starting template, etc. You can also replace the AC startup template and translators with your own using the same name(s), if the installations are already set up.

I am about to post a couple of power-user's WE's on the ACE blog, they are considerably better than what ships with AC, and goes deep into reconfiguring the command, toolbar schemes and infobox, such that the user has more direct access to frequently used commands, with a visual and tidy interface, with maximum screen real estate. I may even post this today.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro