BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

dissapearing view in Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, I wander if you have an idea on the following:

I insert a view (Ctl+F7) into my Layout.
I see the position square on the Layout and I click so to place the drawing.
The drawing instead of being placed onto the Layout disappears.

I opened another ArchiCad file and pasted the drawing on the plan view.
I Ctl+F7 it and it pasted itself ok on the Layout at 1/100 scale.
I open its dialogue window and changed its scale.... IT DISAPPEARED AGAIN.

Does anybody have an idea on where I should be looking for the solution?..(It is a new windows installation and a new ArchiCad installation)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to the drawing settings > Frame > Frame behavior click on Fit frame to drawing and it will resize to a location possibly outside your layout. Move back and center.
Carlos
Miami, Fl USA
Anonymous
Not applicable
constantine wrote:
The drawing instead of being placed onto the Layout disappears.
OK, I think that I have the same issue, but it is not that my drawing actually disappears, but rather appears about a quarter mile out to the side. I have to, every time I place a new drawing, fit in window, undo:redo (so the placed drawing is selected,) and move the selected item, which is so far away that I cannot distinguish it from the paper, onto the paper.

I realize this sounds 'out there' but it is what is happening to me in AC10. I hope this thread is still live, as I would LOVE to know what's up.

v2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Vito, refer to this post.

It's usually helpful to do a search in the forum when looking for answers - there's a huge resource archived in the ArchiCAD Talk.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Kim.

knowing what to search for is really the issue. I had performed several searches prior to finding something relevant with this particular issue.
Learn and get certified!