BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior Elevations - walls "disappear"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've placed interior elevations (v.11) into my model and most work fine but out of 12, there are two that do not display a wall that is right in front of them, but it's as though the wall weren't there - it shows what's behind the wall.

I've tried moving the IE marker and limit lines, I tried placing it individually and as a group. I've cut and pasted the wall, deleted it and put in a new wall and always with the same result. The wall displays fine in 3D or in section.

Naturally this is for a deadline that's today which I'm obviously going to miss....

The first image is the plan and marker, the second is the elevation I get.

Any help much appreciated!!!

thanks

plan.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
the result - it just occurred to me that it's not displaying ANY of the walls - the windows in the background are off to the lower right on the plan above, but of course it is showing the little hooks on the wall
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Maybe it's because of this setting....

Cheers,
Link.
Block Wall.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had this problem in our office too- we found that that setting was the solution as well.

I find that when you are having a problem , and you can't figure it out- try every setting in the dialgue box and you will find it.

The answers are almost allways right in front of your eyes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANK YOU!!!!

That was it, as you said Jess, right in front of my eyes. I'm not sure why anyone would use it that way, but I'm sure there's a good reason.

I now have hope of not falling too far behind my deadline
Anonymous
Not applicable
AAAAAAHHHH! Thank You! I was having this same problem and it was making me a little crazy! I probably wasted an hour trying to figure it out yesterday.
Anonymous
Not applicable
cesarzlu wrote:
AAAAAAHHHH! Thank You! I was having this same problem and it was making me a little crazy! I probably wasted an hour trying to figure it out yesterday.
Same here...
Learn and get certified!