BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating your own windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
just wanted to ask how do you create your own custome window. I have an l shaped window in my design.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have AC 10 then you have a .pdf called "Creating custom windows.pdf"
in the documentation folder.
You don't say what version you are on. It occurs to me that maybe
The INT version does not have this .pdf. If it does not let me know
and I will upload it here.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have archicad 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Sarah:

In ArchiCAD, go to Help > ArchiCAD Help. After your browser launches the help page, look for: Virtual Building : Parametric Objects : Graphic Creation of Custom Objects : Saving Custom Shape Doors and Windows from the Project File.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thomas Holm
Booster
Peter wrote:
If you have AC 10 then you have a .pdf called "Creating custom windows.pdf"
in the documentation folder.... ...It occurs to me that maybe
The INT version does not have this .pdf. If it does not let me know
and I will upload it here.
Peter Devlin
There is an entry in the Archicad Wiki about it:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Creating_custom_windows?highlight=%28custom%29%7C%28windows%29
But it seems to concentrate on AC8.1.

In the AC10 Reference Guide it's page 187.

In the AC11 Reference Guide it's page 233.

And Peter, the file you mention isn't anyhwhere in the INT installation. But please check if it offers any additional info (to the Refence Guide) before you upload it.

Still, it continues to amaze me that Graphisoft doesn't make all the material (documentation, libraries, etc) available world-wide. It must cost more/ be more work to keep versions apart than to unify them. Of course, differing national standards might need differing standard libraries, but otherwise the versions need not differ at all as long as you can choose your units. And you should be able to optionally download any other national library if you like.

I really hope that Graphisoft rewards the work of Andy Thompson appropriately. He is doing what they should have done long ago.
http://www.archicad.ca/?p=75

I also hope that all national distributors contribute to this by making their nationally customized parts just an additional download to this standard.

I think it's a foundation for a much easier library management, much easier version upgrading, and a much better utilizing of Archicad in the future.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Thomas,
The file "Creating custom windows.pdf" is identical to
the Archicad Wiki article you mentioned.
I agree with you completely about unifying library content.
Peter Devlin
Learn and get certified!