BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair Display issue - 2d story above home story

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using archicad 11, and trying to show a stair on the 2nd of 2 stories using the "2d story above" option. When I turn the "lower part" to off, archicad stops displaying some of the treads. (see images)

what it displays:

however when I turn the "lower part" to off, archicad displays the upper part of the stair properly, but also displays the lower part which I do not want, obviously. (see images)

again, what it displays:

Has anyone else come across this, and do you know a fix? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like a flaw in the 2D GDL script. Which part are you using?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using the Stair L-Shape...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just took a look at it and the 2D seems hopelessly screwed up. The 2D script is 1785 lines of code so I'm not going to look any further. If the part works for your 3D model, put it on a 3D only layer and draw the plan symbols with lines, fills, etc. (the old fashioned way).

In general the stair parts in the library have never been good for much and the included StairMaker tool isn't much (if any) better. ArchiStair from Cigraph seems to be the best option these days.

It does seem ridiculous after all these years not to have a decent built-in stair tool. Hopefully we will see this fixed some time soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for looking at it. Drafting certainly works, and that's what I've done. I just thought I'd post and see if anyone had come up with any better solution.
__archiben
Booster
you have got the main object's storey display set up too have you? typically i place the stair in the middle of the three storeys that it may be spanning, select to 'show on storeys'... 'one story up and down' and then turn on the object's own storey sensitivity . . .

but as matthew says, the stair parts have never been good for much anyway . . .

~/archiben
Picture 1.png
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!