Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

plot one itty-bitty item in color

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here it is > created a number of views and placed onto a layout to plot. (a common thing to do in archicad)

The lines and elements in the maps and views are all created using a variety of colors.

Then, can plot in color or B&W > prefer to plot in B&W.

BUT, i would like to have a a few lines in a graphic symbol on the Master Layout (the firm logo) print in color.

Is there any trick up anyone's sleeve that can accomplish this? (i do realize that i could set all of the drawing lines, fills, elements, etc to a black or grey color but then you would lose the distinguishing readability of the on-screen graphics)

I think this is a rubicks cube type of question.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
46cruisair wrote:
Is there any trick up anyone's sleeve that can accomplish this? (i do realize that i could set all of the drawing lines, fills, elements, etc to a black or grey color but then you would lose the distinguishing readability of the on-screen graphics)
Read the manual and search the forums about 'pen sets'. To get the results you want, you should be modeling with a color pen set, and printing with a grayscale pen set...that has certain pens still showing in color.

For tight control, certain pens can be assigned to certain kinds of building elements (wall contour, wall skins, for example), so that those elements can be seen in color as desired in a working view, and can be printed as desired.

In 11, you also have the ability to memorize pen sets with views. So, you can have a color working view and a black/grayscale working view if that is useful. The pen set associated with a placed drawing is a parameter of the drawing tool (for default drag and drop) or can be changed by editing the placed drawing's settings.

Cheers,
Karl

PS Personally, I never use the option to print in B/W. It's there for quick and easy, as well as historic, reasons. IMHO quality output requires custom pen sets.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
PS Personally, I never use the option to print in B/W. It's there for quick and easy, as well as historic, reasons. IMHO quality output requires custom pen sets.
You and I and everyone I know.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jeff:

To plot the master layout items with color but keep the placed drawings black & white, select all the drawings and then in the Drawing Selection Settings dialog box, under Properties, set Colors to Black and White. Now when you plot with color, the layout items will plot with the colors of the items, the drawings will remain black & white. Just one other option.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14