BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Hotlinks - Skipping Nested Modules BEFORE placing

owen
Newcomer
We really should be given the option to check Skip Nested Modules before placing a Hotlink rather than having to go back to fix this once the Hotlink has been placed and the damage done (i.e unwanted attributes, etc from nested mods).

actually a little surprised this has not been wished for before (search turned up nothing for me at least)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it has been subsumed in wishes for improved Hotlink management overall. There is no reason I can see for three dialogs ("Place Module", "Choose Hotlink" & "Hotlinks") with strange orders of access, etc. It seems that they could all be replaced by one "Hotlink Manager". It would also be nice to have relative paths so the links aren't broken if the project folder is moved or renamed (and for mixed Mac/Win access).
owen
Newcomer
I thought that was probably the case but i couldn't find it mentioned specifically.

I agree the system of working with Hotlinks needs some work but as with all things ArchiCAD it will probably - unfortunately - come in small bits. Introducing Multistorey Hotlinks was a big step by GS. Hopefully tiny tweaks such as this one can be done quickly .. maybe even in time for 12
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Learn and get certified!