Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Translating Units

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having an issue with the unit conversion from archicad to autocad. We do have a translator set up that we are using but I have also tried this with the ones that come with Archicad. The translation go fine in Archicad. Open it up in Autocad and everything is there. However, when I measure something the units are Decimal and not Architectural. Yes the translator is set to inches and I have also tried feet. So if I check the units, ddunits command, it show them as Decimal. Now the interesting part. If I check the Project Settings then they are Architectural and then if I check the Units again they are architectural. So I am guessing that the information is there but not translating properly. Anybody else have this problem so seen this? I am running Archicad 11 with the latest build. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
AFAIK the main culprit here is Autocad since its default is decimal units. The workaround is to create an empty autocad file that has ddunits already set to architectural and use that file as a template on your translator.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds good. But how would I make the autocad file a template on the translator?
Eduardo Rolon
Create a dwg (with the units) and in the translation setup (in AC) under Save Options add the dwg file to the template.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see. Thank you. Always miss the things sitting right in front of you.