Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Critique, please!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like some comments on this rendering, and tips on how to improve it!

Thanks..
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
1: Compositionally, never show the back of a chair. Stand closer, make a welcoming stage set rather than standing back in a dark cavern. Remove visual barriers to our engagement of the scene.

2: Overall dark scene [even if you intend it to be so] needs more golden ambient light or general brighteners.

3: Move camera VP to right and rotate to the left to get more window in the shot. VP higher.

4: curtains need more gossamer softness to not look like draping sheet metal

5: Etc.
peisestue_494.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanx, Dwight! Always helpful.

Then I have a question I have been struggling with for a while now.. My windows are almost non see-through in the glass! I attatch my glass material settingsbox. Why can I not see the background through the window? This happened after I upgraded to AC 11...
Bilde 24.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you ticked the Transparency box in Photo Render Settings / Lightworks effects tab ?
Dwight
Newcomer
Try using a clearer glass with a simple transparency shader instead of a refractive glass shader.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
fireplace is a light source and it shouldn't be so dull but much brighter in general.
Dwight
Newcomer
Re; fireplace:
place a golden light cone facing outward as in the plasma screen exercise and make the fire a material of constant reflectance.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
The light looks like it is hanging too low - it needs to be higher. Also, the light is glowing brightly but now much illumination lighting the scene below. A little more gloss to the floor would help too.