Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Labels missing since bug fix

kevin b
Contributor
Since loading the bug fix yesterday, some labels, in worksheets, do not show up in layout and do not plot.

We use the Lite Identifier label to identify light objects on our RCP. These are regular objects not lamps. On the plan, these objects and there labels show up fine in the layout book. The legend is a worksheet with the same objects and same labels placed on it. Everything is on ArchICAD layer to make sure things don't get turned off inadvertently. The pensets are the same on the RCP and the legend. Everything was working fine before yesterday when we updated and these legends have been used on several projects before both in AC 11 and AC12, without incident. Tried deleting and replacing drawing in layout. Checked other legends set up the same way and it appears that any object using this particular method has same results (wall phones for example are a phone jack that get a W label the same way), these also disappeared. Oddly enough if I eyedropper the label and just draw one (getting the generic "ID" text showing up) that does show in the layout Other labels in worksheet appear OK, haven't done exhaustive testing but it looks like just the light identifier label when its used to label an element. Pictures to follow.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
15 REPLIES 15
kevin b
Contributor
Here is Legend placed in Layout Book with our Printing Penset
legend in Layout.jpg
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
Here is Legend in Source View, with Drafting Penset
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
Here is Legend in Layout with Drafting Penset as a check
Legend in Layout same Pens.jpg
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
Here is plan using same objects, same printing penset, same everything. And nothing had changed or been done to either the legend or the RCP in several days, the only change was the bug fix. Prior to bug fix the legend in layout was fine, since it has disappeared. And I checked another sheet, that has the wall phone I spoke of, I watched the label disappear in the legend as the drawing updated in the layout book.
Plan in Layout.jpg
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
As a test I copied and pasted everything from the legend worksheet to a plan and created a new view. Didn't change anything layers, pens nothing. Putting that view onto a layout is fine. Did same thing into a new independent detial window and again they disappear in layout but show in the detail view.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
As another test I'd make sure you place a fresh drawing on the layout, not simply link the existing placed drawing to a new saved view.
kevin b
Contributor
That was the second thing I tried after updating and checking the pensets.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I noted today something similar where the label looked like it had disappeared, however for some reason the font size had been reset to really small. Is it possible your font size is minuscule?
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
kevin b
Contributor
Nope, it shows up fine in the source view and both the source view and the drawing in the layout are the same scale.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10