BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Align View

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the trick with Align View? I have followed the directions in the vs. 12 Reference Guide pp 530-31 and can't get the Align View command to recognize my picture sitting by the floor plan. I have placed .jpeg, .giff .pict .tiff formated photos on the floor paln placed hot spots on them, selected them then went to the Align View command in Creative Imaging. I always get the message telling me to select a picture on the floor plan when the picture is sitting there, green and selected as anything.

I even saved the jpeg & giff for the web, that is without resources, in hopes of better compatibility.

It seems there is always a trick, a hidden pull down menu, a default value or some other setting that is necessary but never mentioned in any documentation.

Does anyone know what it is this time?

ArchiCAD 12, Mac, OSX 10.5.6
3 REPLIES 3
Tom Krowka
Booster
I believe you have to place it with the figure tool, otherwise AC doesn't recognize it as a picture.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Dwight
Newcomer
We have also recently learned that background pictures lacking obvious vanishing points [like the flat front face of your structure] defeat the Align View tool.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at your picture I suspect you corrected the perspective in Photoshop first, then imported to AC. If so, undo this step and try again.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!