Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Align View

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the trick with Align View? I have followed the directions in the vs. 12 Reference Guide pp 530-31 and can't get the Align View command to recognize my picture sitting by the floor plan. I have placed .jpeg, .giff .pict .tiff formated photos on the floor paln placed hot spots on them, selected them then went to the Align View command in Creative Imaging. I always get the message telling me to select a picture on the floor plan when the picture is sitting there, green and selected as anything.

I even saved the jpeg & giff for the web, that is without resources, in hopes of better compatibility.

It seems there is always a trick, a hidden pull down menu, a default value or some other setting that is necessary but never mentioned in any documentation.

Does anyone know what it is this time?

ArchiCAD 12, Mac, OSX 10.5.6
3 REPLIES 3
Tom Krowka
Booster
I believe you have to place it with the figure tool, otherwise AC doesn't recognize it as a picture.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Dwight
Newcomer
We have also recently learned that background pictures lacking obvious vanishing points [like the flat front face of your structure] defeat the Align View tool.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at your picture I suspect you corrected the perspective in Photoshop first, then imported to AC. If so, undo this step and try again.