Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensioning - Both Imperial and Metric Units?

Jeff Griffin
Enthusiast
I realize that ArchiCAD dimensions can show either imperial OR metric units, but can it show BOTH imperial AND metric units on the same dimension string?

Thanks,
Jeff
iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Ventura)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Use the Secondary Dimension command.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Jeff Griffin
Enthusiast
Thanks Laszlo. That's exactly what I was looking for.
iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Ventura)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).
Chazz
Enthusiast
jffgrffn wrote:
Thanks Laszlo. That's exactly what I was looking for.

If I may be so presumptuous, Jeff, I doubt this is what you are looking for. What you are REALLY looking for (at least in the area of dual-unit dimensioning) is a tool that at the very least:
  • 1) Maintains associative relationships between the thing being dimensioned and BOTH sets of units (refreshing the units after the fact does not cut it).
    2) Automatically puts one of the units in (parenthesis) or italics or allows you to automatically predetermine some sort of differentiation between the units.
    3) Is not some tacked-on half-measure but something built into the basic functionality of the dimension tool itself.
The people of the United States of America and our proud (not to mention ironic) Imperial Unit partners in Burma and Liberia demand better!
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current