Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Need someone to render for me please

Anonymous
Not applicable
I desparate need a help. It seems that the project i have made is two much big for any pc in my town. My configuration is at my signature, and it is simply rediciolous.
I have paid a great deal of money to some guy today, wich has the best pc in my town (Dual Core 2x2.4 GHz AMD Athlon, 4GB RAM, Ge Force 7600 GS, Windows 7) and it seems that this pc is also to poor for my project.

Is there anyone, with some nice pc configuration willing to help me, that is willing to render 16 images of my project, at the Lightworks engine?

I need 8 images of the location (far view, for urbanism), and 8 close views of the objects on the location.

Here is the .pla file (118MB).

If there is any good samaritan to help me, i would be more than grateful.

Humbly grategul.

P.S.

Layer combination is already set to the "trotoar". Just turn the 3d perspective and render.

If you experience slowdown when rendering, turn off the "fontana_kapljice" layer (it`s the fontain water drops, and they make a huge slowdown).
17 REPLIES 17
Dwight
Newcomer
In Artlantis. okay?

How big?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Dwight. You mean, you want to render it at the Artlantis? Well thanks mate, but that means, you will have to change something in the .pla file and spend your free time. Or not? I have no problems with it, you can freely render it at the Artlantis, i supose that it will look even better in it, than at the Lightworks. But only if you have time for it.

When you said how big, you ment: the size of the image? What ever you want mate, just make it minimum 800x600.

You gave me a hand previously at some topics, and now again. I don`t know how to thank you.
Dwight
Newcomer
DOn't be too grateful yet. Where are the views?

AND, even my prodigious machine can't form the 3D on this.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i don`t have views. This is my first archicad project, so i didn`t know how to make one. Make them manualy, at your own wish.

Try turning off the "ljudi" layer (those are 3d people).

If that did not help, enter the settings dialog for the trees, and at the Crown category, make the Density lower than 70.

If that did not help, try running in Internal engine, instead of Lightworks.
Dwight
Newcomer
Sorry. Can't help.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just took a look and had the same result as Dwight. Not surprising our machines are about the same. Out of memory error generating 3D model. Turned off tree layers and it worked. Perhaps tweaking the tree setting would do the trick.

Seems there may be something else going on here. I have modeled and rendered much more complex models than this. I am also getting library part errors in 2D (macro not found) and 3D (library part not converted properly).

Anyway, you should set up cameras for the views you want. It seems a little much to ask others to do this for you, and it seems it should be easy for you from looking at your model. Of course you may need to turn off a bunch of layer to model the 3D in only 512MB, but you probably already know this.

You also must get more RAM. 512MB is way too little. 1GB is minimum. 2-4GB much preferred.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the help also Mathew.

Can you also like Dwight, try this:
Try turning off the "ljudi" layer (those are 3d people).

If that did not help, enter the settings dialog for the trees, and at the Crown category, make the Density lower than 70.

If that did not help, try running in Internal engine, instead of Lightworks.
About RAM - yes mate i know it is way too little, but i simply don`t have enough money. It has been a real headacke for me to do all this project on my weak pc.

thanks once again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have very limited time to donate these days. If you can remove the people, simplify the foliage and set up the cameras so I don't have to spend more than a couple of minutes to open and start the render I might be able to run a couple for you. It would also be a good idea to fix the library part problem (the 3D one, 2D is of no consequence). Count the number of errors and see if it matches the number of trees you have. The trees are causing the modeling failure and this is probably related.

If you can really get this set up to be quick and easy others might be able to help as well.

Also RAM is cheap. I don't understand how you are working on a project of this size if you can't afford a 4GB upgrade. Is yu computer maxed out at 512?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Matthew.

I will try to add some views, remove the people, also willl try to minimaze that foliage.

But i don`t know hot to fix that 3d library part. It seems that it only appears at the .pla file i have uploaded. I don`t have any 3d or 2d problem report at my .pln file.

I have made all this project with the pc configuration seen at my signature. It was a real headacke - i add something, or move, and then i wait for couple of minutes for confirmation. And all they long like that.

Now, when the project is over, and it needs only to render, i haven`t got a chance to render it at my pc. That`s why i paid around 10 euros, to a friend of friend mine, wich definetly has the best configuration in the city (Dual Core 2x2.4 GHz AMD Athlon, 4GB RAM, Ge Force 7600 GS, Windows 7) so that i could render it at his place.

About RAM, i supose that it depends on a high of salary. The average salary in Serbia is around 200-250 euros (and you can guess that this average is made with the salaries of the politicians, and gouverment officials, and common people ones, so when it comes to common people ones, they are much lover that those 200-250 euros). For example the model "Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 400MHz DDR Non-ECC CL3 (3-3-3, 2.6V)" is around 33 euros (the 512MB ones can`t be find on a market any more, you can only buy it as used one). As i am still a student (and probably will get the first degree in my class, among 120 people) and depend on my fathers 320 euros pension (wich is quite a lot compared to the average i mentioned up there) those 30 euros look quite high for me.

I am apologizing for posting this kind of stories, cause this forum is not a place for that kind of stuff.