Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout Book doesn't match Project map floor plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had this issue for a while and its gotten to the point where its a bit frustrating when I go to export my drawings as PDF's.

After having my layout and title block all done in the layout book... some things dont show up that I want to and some things show up that I dont want to. So basically, my project map floor plans dont match my layout book floor plans.

I love this feature in ArchiCAD because your final print layout updates even when you change your floor plans.. its great. However, there are many times when for example my roof will show on my layout book sheets even if my roof layer is hidden. Thats just one example along with many others such as curtain walls showing in the project map view but won't update to my layout book view.

The BIGGEST issue is simply hidden layers still showing up in the layout book view even though the layers aren't turned on nor showing up in the Project map view.

To solve this in the past I've had to delete the layers I want turned off in order to export my drawings without them showing and then undoing everything I deleted and resaving before I exit the program. I'm sure you can imagine how annoying and risky that is when it comes to possibly lost work.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance, greatly appreciate the feedback.

Anthony
19 REPLIES 19
Rick Thompson
Expert

It will click when all the little pieces come together. Especially when you can develop a good template for a project type. Favorites are a hugh time saver worth exploring if you haven't already.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't wait!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually just realized another question if anyone peaks in at this thread again.

If I set up my settings in my view map the way I want, is there a way to prevent all layers from turning off when I return to the project map?

For example if all of my layers are on while I'm working in the project map, and I then click on my view map view which is set to have many layers turned off, is there a way to click back to the project map without the view map settings sticking?
Rick Thompson
Expert
I never use the Project map except when importing schedules or building a material list. Just set up as many views as you commonly use. If I want all layers on, I click that icon on the tool bar, which might not be set up on yours, I don't remember what is standard. If you commonly need a view with all layers visible, set up a view for that. It's the one with a stack of pages. The easiest way to set up your views want involve the Project map at all, at least for me. Open the layer settings, establish the layers... then capture the view with the "save current view" button at the bottom of the navigator. Same for all plans, sections, elevations etc.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Alright that makes sense, thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to make a 3D view for the view map? Similar to the Generic Perspective view from the Project Map?
Anonymous
Not applicable
allegronea wrote:
Is it possible to make a 3D view for the view map? Similar to the Generic Perspective view from the Project Map?
You use cameras (and camera paths) for this.

Also, it's not clear to me if you are using layer combinations. If not you should. They are the best way to control what is displayed in the views, as well as giving a quick way to revert to a plan/model set after switching out of editing a view.
vistasp
Advisor
allegronea, I think you'll like this article

= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
allegronea wrote:
I understand what you mean, but isn't the fact that I use the view map sort of obvious? Can you even put a drawing in the layout directly from the project map? ....
If you open the Organizer and drag-and-drop a Viewpoint (such as the Floor Plan) from the Project Map directly onto a Layout, you will notice that a View has been created in the process. This because only Views can be placed on Layouts - a Views is a Viewpoint plus stored settings such as Scale, Layer Combination etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
allegronea wrote:
Actually just realized another question if anyone peaks in at this thread again.

If I set up my settings in my view map the way I want, is there a way to prevent all layers from turning off when I return to the project map?

For example if all of my layers are on while I'm working in the project map, and I then click on my view map view which is set to have many layers turned off, is there a way to click back to the project map without the view map settings sticking?
Save a View in a View Map which sets all layers visible.
Or there is the Document\Layers\Show All Layers menu command. Assign a keyboard shortcut to it and use that.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27