Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

View map not sticking in TW2

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have seen is several files on BIM server that some view maps that do not show on screen the layer combination set for the view map. it will display the setting from the last view map you had on screen. It will place the correct layer combination on Sheets and prints ok. The only way to get it to show up on screen is to switch the layer combination to another and then switch it back.

Any thoughts has any one else had a similar issue?

running AC13 on OS 10.6.2.
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could this be a display issue.
Maybe graphics card related?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
i will check on machines with other cards to see if it replicates.
Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I have checked several other machines and and on a completely different project database, we get the same results. View map will print on placed sheet correctly but screen display is not changing seems to hold to the last layer combo.
Only working solution is to switch layer combo and switch back.

We have not deployed the patch from week before last just yet we will later this week. But i did not see this as a bug fix in the release notes.

Any other thoughts!

Thanks
Barry Kelly
Silly question probably but you are using the View Map views and not the Project Map views?
Project Map uses the last layer combination set as you have described.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes using the view maps.

It appears to be on plan view maps that are part of a cloned group and one of the group needs a different layer combo. changing and resetting the layer combo in settings does not change it. Only going in through the layer settings pallet switching off axis to another combo and switching back makes it appear correctly on screen.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are also experiencing problems with details not opening when you double click on them in either the Project or View Maps in a TW2 project. Right-clicking on the view and clicking "open in new window" also does not work. Obviously a problem if you can't open a detail to work in it...
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having the same issue here with our view maps in a TW2 project. Like Keith already said - it will still publish in the correct settings but when we open them in AC, it ignores the layer combination setting. It is affecting a large number of section views so it does not make sense to recreate them.

On another project, double-clicking the view map did not take me to the saved zoom area. It updated all the settings, but not the zoom. And even after another save as current zoom, it would not update. In that case, I ended up redoing those specific view maps. These views were not part of a cloned folder.

We also have the latest hotfix installed so I can say it does not seem to correct this issue. Reloading the file from server did not correct it either.

I have attached an image showing the section in view map, the designated settings, and the actual settings after double-clicking on it. Please note the exclamation icon next to the layer combination. When hovering my cursor above it, it said "The settings in the frontmost window no longer correspond to the original view settings." No view settings were modified after double-clicking on it. Hopefully this could be discovered and corrected by those who need to know about it. Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having the same issues. Has anyone found a resolution for the Views in the View Map to retain their settings when changing between views.