Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

About Dwight's book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm wondering if the book of "Artlantis Attitude" could be send via E-mail or download link after the payment?
I'm asking this to avoyd the sending cost to my country.

Thanks

Wuxus
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody, it s my first reply here. I frequent for a while this forum and what interessed me most was the books of Dwight. I ordered "Lightworks in Archicad" today and it costed me 135 US dollars because i live in europe. I just wanted to know if someone already bought the book and what you think of it. We have archicad 13 and for our needs it's enough. Sorry for my english but i am a portuguese living in switzerland (french) and i never had the opportunity to practice my english (I studied for 7 years)A good day for you all and specially for you Dwight. See you soon
Dwight
Newcomer
Had you ordered from me directly it would only be $130. [includes $40. for shipping] but there you go. [So much for advertising on the Archicad Forum.]

Be sure to register your copy to get the updates.

For my new cookbook:

Archicad Users are invited to try this Chick-Getting recipe from my new book [since research shows that men should bake]:

Olive Oil and Sugar Cake Bread-Like Stuff

This simple pan bread sits on the fence between sweet and savory.
How can you miss with such a versatile dish?

Ingredients:

— Eggs: 4 [Or X-large: 3]
— Sugar: ¾ cup
— Quality olive oil: 2/3 cup
— All-purpose flour: 1.5 cups
— Crushed/finely chopped rosemary: 2 tablespoons
— Baking powder: 1 tablespoon
— Coarse salt: 0.5 teaspoon
— OPTIONAL: Lemon zest

A: Rustic crusty bottom method:
Cast iron 10” skillet
Coat sides and bottom generously with olive oil and warm skillet on stove.
OR:
B: Genteel soft bottom method:
9” springform pan, spray oiled

Procedure:

Oven rack at top level.
Start oven heating to 325°

• In a medium batter bowl:
— Whip the eggs for 0.5 minutes
— Add sugar [keep a pinch for sprinkling later]
— Beat together until foamy
— Add oil slowly with continued mixing
— Add rosemary [keep two pinches for sprinkling later]

• In another bowl:
— Combine flour, baking powder and salt. [keep a pinch of salt for sprinkling later]

— Add dry mix to wet mix with continued stirring
— Pour the batter into the pan or warm skillet [it should not sizzle when it hits the warmed skillet]
— Sprinkle a pinch each of salt, sugar and rosemary on top as garnish – optional lemon zest to cover
— Place in oven for 30-40 minutes [until a toothpick stuck down into the centre comes out dry [Try to wait at least 30 minutes or it will be a mess]
— Remove from pan or skillet
— Squat, then gobble!

Please comment with PM.
Dwight Atkinson
Erika Epstein
Booster
Dwight wrote:
— Squat, then gobble!

Perhaps Canadian Chicks find that mesmerizing. When will the international version be out?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Dwight
Newcomer
If I am lucky, for Christmas 2011.

Making a real book is much more complex than self-publishing a little Archicad book.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
An option would be to substitute up to 1/3 corn flour for the savory version, but could need a Tbs of water added then. Maybe add some chopped onion, sauteed in some of the olive oil.

Or, omit the herbs (and onion), melt dark chocolate in the olive oil before mixing, add nuts, and it's a brownie on a mediterranean diet. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Thank you. Will try these variations. Corn flour will be interesting.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:

Archicad Users are invited to try this Chick-Getting recipe from my new book
looks a good recipe Dwight, however, i took it down to the shopping mall this morning and presented it to the hot chick in the flower shop, when i asked her when it would be ready she hit me over the head with a bunch of tulips.

hardly a chick getting recipe then is it.

maybe i will try again with the bank assistant, just to make sure.
Dwight
Newcomer
For Thailand, you need to add chilies.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I already have it!
very nice, very nice! very helpful, beyond my estimation is given too great bonus!
Glad to learn, and anyone else to have it.
Thank you Dwight,