BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Keeping a fixed location when changing stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I keep the same location when changing stories? When I change stories I have to zoom into right place every time.

..and this is on Archicad 10, thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Erich
Contributor
Try command and the arrow up or arrow down keys. This will maintain your current view options and change your floor plan view up or down.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Mark Wallace
Enthusiast
Or position a hotspot on the one story where you want your 'position' to be. Then cut and paste that hot spot to all stories using the stories command or simple cut and paste.

HTH's

Mark
Mark R. Wallace AIA
---------------------------------------

MacBook 2.53 Ghz, Intel Core i5, 8 Gb,
Mac OSX (Sierra 10.12.6,
ArchiCAD 22 USA Full, +21, & 20.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps you are navigating with the View Map using views with stored zooms. If you navigate with the Project Map the current zoom will remain in each viewpoint. You can also create views without the zoomed window. These allow you to switch layer combos, scale, view options etc while keeping the current view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Navigating in the project map sounds like a good idea. I will try all of the above. Thanks for your replies!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I (have only just started to) use the CMD+Up Arrow and CMD+Down Arrow (CTRL+Up / Down on PC). Very quick and easy, wish I had started using it earlier.
Learn and get certified!