Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window in a wall with a Profile

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I've been trying to get this to work for a few hours, but am not having any success.
I've created a profile of a wall (diagram 1). Into this wall section I would like to place a window. The window should reach just the bottom portion of where the wall widensl, but I would like the wider insulation part to cover the top of the window frame. Right now, when I place my window into the wall, it recognizes the entire profile as the wall, and the window is placed even with the front edge, and overhanging the bottom by 5cm.

In the attached file, I want it to look like diagram 4 in section, and diagram 3 in plan. Diagram 2 is what is happening, but I don't want.

Thanks for your help!
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
SwissHokie wrote:
I've been trying to get this to work for a few hours, but am not having any success. I've created a profile of a wall (diagram 1). Into this wall section I would like to place a window.
I think your difficulty might be linked to the problem reported here.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
there is a setting in profile editor which lets you define the reference faces for openings to a complex profile wall (just below settings for vertical and horizontal stretch); not sure if this would help with your specific issue though.