Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Help! Installed new hotfix and BIM server doesn't launch!

Hi,
i installed the new hotfix (build 3600) on all computers and the server (mac mini server), and know the BIM server manager does not launch!
I click on the icon, and nothing happens!

Also, the directory hasn't been updated like it says here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC13-3259to3600-ReleaseNotes.html
but the application has been updated.
What to do?
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
28 REPLIES 28
Erika Epstein
Booster
Try running the update again.

From the release notes:
For ArchiCAD or Standalone BIM Server Manager:

* If you have multiple copies of either ArchiCAD or the standalone BIM Server Manager on your machine, then the installer will automatically find one copy. If you want to update a different instance, you can use the "Browse" button to locate it. You will need to run the installer multiple times to update each copy of ArchiCAD / BIM Server Manager.
* If the installed ArchICAD or standalone BIM Server Manager is found to be not up-to-date, you also have the option not to update it: click “Don’t update [program] now.”
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
I did and i get the message that the BIM server manager has been updated.

If I re-install the application i will lose all user and project data i presume... correct?
Any help greatly appreciated!!!

The BIM server Control Center application doesn't launch at all, the BIM server manager opens but doesn't find any BIM server running. When i open a TW project, it says "Working in Offline mode" and doesn't find servers.

The BIM server hierarchy hasn't been update like it shows on the Release Notes.

What will happen if i re-install the BIM server? I will lose all project and users data?
Problem seems pretty serious...

I have re-installed BIM server, and when installing hotfix 3600, at the end of the process i get message: "BIM server registering has failed"
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Achille,

Sorry for the inconveniences. I will contact you soon about the information that we need so that we can solve the issue and find the causes.

Best regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
OK... now i'm seriously angry.
It seems that the new BIM server doesn't work with Mac OS X 10.6!

From the "About GS BIM Server.html" file which has been installed i read:
"SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Macintosh®

Software

Mac OSX 10.5, 10.6,
Mac OSX Server 10.5"

That's it.

I have to downgrade Archicad back to the previous hotfix!!!

Great!
Thanks Graphisoft...
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
No,

You do not need to return to an earlier hotfix. We support 10.6. I confess, I overlooked that number when I was checking the readme. I am the guilty person. We support 10.6 server!

Something else is wrong and we will get you up and running.

Ed
Graphisoft Technical Support
I have tried every single way to install and update the BIM server to the build 3600.

There is no way.

Upon installing the hotfix 3600, those 3 graphisoft files are deleted: see screenshot.

I have been forced to downgrade to build 3259.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Achille,

You can re-install the BIM server. First run the un-installer - it will ask you if you want to keep the projects and users. Select this. Restart the computer after uninstall. Then, when you install it again, the installer will find the existing project and user database and will ask if you want to load these. Go for it then install the new Hotfix.

To be on the safe side, make a copy of the project folder before you start the process. The project folder is the folder you have specified in the BIM Server preferences.

Sorry for the mistake in the System Requirements. The on-line System Requirement has this right:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/system_requirements/
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft