BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Section/ elevation generation takes ages!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everytime I try to generate my sections they are taking about 5 minutes each time I make a new step....very annoying. Is there a way to speed up the process?
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It is probably trying to rebuild automatically every time you change something, and you have a lot of information in your S/E.

You can turn this feature off under Options> Preferences> Miscellaneous> Update Autorebuild Model Section/Elevation views continuously.

Otherwise you can adjust your layer combo to hide unnecessary things, like trees, cars, people, etc. Even if only while you are working on the model.

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
and don't forget to not select analytic shadow casting. That takes extra time.
Dwight Atkinson
TomWaltz
Participant
Olivia wrote:
Everytime I try to generate my sections they are taking about 5 minutes each time I make a new step....very annoying. Is there a way to speed up the process?
It also depends on how much you have turned on and how far your section range is set to.
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
It also depends on how much you have turned on .
So stay off the Extacy because it distorts the passage of time.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Olivia" wrote:

I had the same problem but on a much bigger scale, running 30 to 50 mins per step. Absolutely unusable.

The "solution" - albeit a fix and workaround - was to run the Goodies
Polycount Add-on (Windows/Pallettes/Polycount)

In my case the doors and windows were upping the polycount enormously, due to being set to too high a detail level.

Changing them (and a whole bunch of other stuff) is quick and easy in the dialogue box, just by setting things to simple.

The Polycount drops dramatically, and suddenly all is well with the world, and the regen times drop to something acceptable.

Is there a way to stop it generating so i can change the setting, this has now stopped me from doing anything!

Learn and get certified!