Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you create custom fills?
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Olivia

This directly from the Help section: (searched for "create fills" and scroll down about half a page)

Symbol fills can be created by the user from a sketch drawn on the Floor Plan with the following steps:
1 Draw a pattern using Lines, Arcs and Hotspots. Make the pattern fit into a rectangle shape. Make sure the top, bottom, left and right sides of the pattern are in continuation with each other.

2 Select all the components of the pattern and choose Edit > Copy.

3 Choose Options > Element Attributes > Fill Types. Click the New. button, enter a name for the new fill and select the Symbol fill radio button, then click OK to set the name and type.

4 Click the Paste button above the Preview window. The captured vectorial pattern appears in the Preview window. Click OK to exit the dialog box and save changes.

Notes: You can freely edit the horizontal and vertical stroke, scale and motif size as well as the rotation angle. The bitmap pattern will need to be edited manually.

Hope it helps.
jbArch
Newcomer
There is also an article in the ArchicadWiki about creating fills. Click the link:
Creating custom fills

Cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have attached an image.

First question- when you guys put attachments in there messeges do you do it through photobucket or something similar, so you can get the "img"?

My archicad question:

I am having a hell of a time trying to get a batt insulation fill to fit in a 3
1/2" wall.
(It did work for a 4 1/2" wall which i did by total mistake"

I am making my own cause archicad's is just a criss cross.

I have gotten as far as the attchement shows you, but I cannot get it to line up correctly, it is shifted so that the curved parts of the symbol are not at the top and bottom, but they are not even at any didstance that makes sense, they aren't shifted half or a quarter fo the way up. I have tried copying the pattern I want with all kinds of different shifts, I mean, cutting it in half and placing it on top of one another, etc. I know that probably makes no sense.

But, will some one look at it, you should be able to see my problem when you open the attchement.

Also, what is the purpose of the "X2" and "Y1" dimension options they give you, I changed Y1 around, and it seems to just offest half the symbol fill or something.
Can some one please help me, I have searched on here, done the wiki thing, done the archi cad help thing.....
Untitled-4.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
I have attached an image.

First question- when you guys put attachments in there messeges do you do it through photobucket or something similar, so you can get the "img"?

OH I See.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I don't know how to make the custom fills.

But I agree with you, a new cut fill for the Batt Insulation would be great. I'd love to get a copy if you can work it out. if not I think I'll give it a shot myself.[/img]
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what I have so far, it is pretty close, and only for a 3 1/2" wall.
I wills end another when I get it perfect.

You will see that the top and bottm curves are still a little off.

I guess I cannot attach that as a file, I will try to attach to a private messege
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried creating the custom batt fill myself also. the problem is the fills don't recognize the walls path.

I also tried making a custom symbol line and using that as a seperator line in the composite wall type but you can't use symbol lines as seperator lines.

Has anybody else ever tried this with any success?
Batt Insulation.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I still can't believe GS won't let us use symbol lines in our composites. I mean what an easy fix to give us so much flexibility, for a variety of wall types.

Because cut fill origins cannot be manipulated within walls, trying to generate batt insulation in a wall is not best achieved by fills. And Because GS won't give us symbol lines in our composites, we are left with rather an ugly workaround (again).

We are lucky enough to have been supplied with an insulation library part that we can stretch over our walls. It's quite a nice little object, but it is a workaround nonetheless.

Cheers,
Link.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Jesikuh123 wrote:

I am having a hell of a time trying to get a batt insulation fill to fit in a 3
1/2" wall.
(It did work for a 4 1/2" wall which i did by total mistake"

I am making my own cause archicad's is just a criss cross.
Be careful. I did try this once and the size of the exported DWGs were enormous. This was because the circles were rendered as small lines. Maybe things are better now.
And yes, getting things to line up was next to impossible.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]