BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

publisher sets - urgent help needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.

I think I put this message in the wrong section (wishes) but it is a wish and also an urgent problem!!!

Is there a way that once a publisher set has been created and each drawing has been set up (for print) that the settings can be saved?? It seems that when I choose a set that I have set up for A3 print (scaled from A1) the settings have changed to our A1 pinter and size to A1.

I would accept it if the printer it changed them to was my default, but it is not. This is becoming very annoying as I have some 190 drawings that it would be nice to use the publisher to get an A3 set when requested, rather than re-inserting the drawings into the set.

This also happens to new sets, and the chosen printer is not always the same one.

Also, is there a way that you can select all the drawings in the set and change the page setup?? It appears that you can only do this to each drawing at a time......very slow for a large amount of draiwngs.

Any help would save me hours!!!

Thanks

Tom
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Print settings in Publisher items should not change spontaneously so I'm not sure what happened to you.

There is a quick fix though. It is true (and strange) that when you select multiple view items the button becomes unavailable, but you can change the page setup for all items within a folder. If you want to do the whole set at once, make a new folder at the top level and temporarily drag everything into it. Changing the page setup for this folder will change the settings for everything inside including the contents of nested folders. The page setup is also grayed out if you select multiple folders so you either have to do this all in one approach or do the existing folders one by one.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'm interested to understand the process that leads you to believe your publisher settings are changing - just to make sure the best method is being used. Maybe you checked under the File menu rather than the Publishing Options.

A separate Publisher Set should be created for each different plotter or size. As Matthew said a folder within the Publisher Set will specify the settings of everything inside that folder (provided it contains at least one item).

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all

It just so happens that I created a folder and this worked.

The settings do change, and I check them by selecting a single layout (in the set) and choosing the page setup. I have sets named and created for each printer and size, but they all seem to revert to either our A1 plotter or our local A4 laser....I want the other printers that I selected initially.

I will check once opened today, but the folder solution does mean that it is easier to change back in one go.

Thanks
Learn and get certified!