BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

CORNER DOORS [WINDOW?]

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a Corner Door with sliding folding doors that slide open to leave an unsupported corner [using the "window" tool from Door & Window Builder because it seems to be the closest to what I am trying to achieve]. The frame is a mitred [butt] joint - and the doors are made up with 3 doors on each side.

My problem is that the doors [shown in a "closed" position] do not extend [and junction] into the corner. Irrespective of the viewpoint [plan, model or section], there is a "gap" left at the corner.

I've jiggled and fussed for a few hours with the settings. Any ideas as to what is going on???
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ArchiCAD >>> CORNER WINDOWS - Survey (sticky)
or link http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=15326
Anonymous
Not applicable
I eventually worked out that with a 90mm deep frame and only 45mm deep door opening outwards like mine - the only way to 'correct' the problem is to set the door "back" in the frame - see Frame / Sashes & Doors / Inner Frame - the 3rd setting needs to be ±45mm. The frame dimension is then the way I want it, but the technically correct way of having the door on the outside of the frame with the reveal to the frame on the 'inside' [because door must open outwards for better weatherproofing] cannot be done [in SA this is a typical building detail]. You are forced to let the reveal be on the outside!

I don't think it can be shown in the technically correct way? I've tried 'flip' and setting the junction at -45 degrees - and I've given up because it's a small compromise that I might revisit when I have more time.

Don't sweat it, because I can live with the innaccurate solution, bugging though it is.
Learn and get certified!