Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Not Enough Memory to Render

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this has been gone over a million times . . .but. . . My question is more this: when you re rendering isn't it the case that archicad is not trying to render anything it does not see in the 3D window? My issue is if I use the same view and render the entire building it wont work, but if i use the same view and draw a marque around half the building it will work, and if i draw the marque around the other side as well.

When my marquees are drawn what i see in the 3D window is still the same as when i do the entire window, so it doesn't seem like it should be trying to deal with more information, right?

and this is a rather small building, with alot of custom profiles, and we're using lightwaorks at 72 dpi and 11" 8" size to 3D window/keep proportions. . .
1 REPLY 1
Dwight
Newcomer
When you render, the ENTIRE MODEL is imaged and rendered. Think about it - where DO those shadows from things not in the shot come from? That is where the memory goes, not so much in "putting up" the image of the actual render boundaries.

You've cleverly used the marquee-half-the-project-at-a-time method to eliminate corrupt elements as a possible memory hole, so it means that you've got too many polygons in the rendering.

Can you try simpler lighting? This could reduce the memory needs.
Dwight Atkinson